Disability Networks Beach Wheelchair Service
Find an adult chair in Ramsey and both an adult chair and a junior chair for children aged 5- 11 years in Port Erin.
- Based at Outdoors Ramsey, South Promenade all year and Port Erin’s Cosy Nook seasonal pop-up when the weather is suitable. The service is available during shop opening hours in Ramsey (shut on Sundays). Book on tel 819082. For Port Erin book with the Commissioners on 832298. Operates 11am-sundown at the Cosy Nook, (usually closed on Mondays and Tuesdays) until the end of September.
- The chair is manual and you will need someone fit enough to push it
- Top combined weight of 18 stones permitted in the wheelchair, all items included
- Read our terms and conditions for more information and sign the appropriate form before taking the chair
- Ensure the brake is on before getting in to the chair
- Use the seat belt at all times
- Put the brakes on when you return the chair
- Inform staff when you return the chair after use
- The chair is suitable for sandy and shingle beaches. Do not take it on stony beaches
- Both chairs have a drinks holder and a fishing line holder
- Port Erin’s and Ramsey’s adult chair has a footrest that swings out of the way to improve access
Please drop your donation for Disability Networks into the collection box on the counter in the shop or donate online at www.disabilitynetworks.info
Enjoy your time on our lovely beaches. In Ramsey find a disabled toilet in the foyer of the Pepsi Max Bowl. Refreshments are available in the Pepsi Max Bowl Cafe. The seasonal Cosy Nook pop-up also serves refreshments in Port Erin.